Student's Grievance Policy
This policy aims to bring about the rapid resolution of grievances, in a transparent manner , within the prescribed timeframe. The objective of the students Grievance Redressal Policy is to develop a responsive and accountable attitude among all the stakeholders in order to maintain a harmonious educational atmosphere in the IIMT Studies. This policy will cover & the mechanism under this policy will have the following functions:
- To establish a direct and open feedback mechanism with our Customers to enhance their satisfaction & use this feedback to improve processes & policies.
- Redressal of Student’s Grievances thru effective coordination between students’ and other departments of IIMT Studies.
- To support the students who have been deprived of the services for which he/she is entitled to.
- To ensure effective & time bound solution to the student’s grievances with an impartial, fair & result oriented approach .
- To make teaching and supporting staff responsive, accountable courteous in dealing with the students.
Note: This procedure aims to bring about the rapid resolution of grievance. . It applies to all students of the institution. Nothing in this procedure impinges on the legal rights or obligations of staff & students.
- Student : Student means any professional or candidate
- a. Who is currently pursuing any educational program or certification program conducted by IIMT Studies or its affiliated institutes?
- b. The student who has completed his educational or certification program not before 06 months, from the date of raising issue / grievance / query, regarding the course he or she has completed.
Any other candidate not fulfilling above two conditions will not be considered as student of IIMT Studies.
- Institute or Service Provider: Means IIMT Studies Ltd., UK or it’s associate institutes / organizations or affiliated institutes or the service manager engaged by the institute or it’s affiliated institute , for the same course for which student has raised a query / grievance / issue / complaint.
- Grievance: The grievance includes query / complaint / issue raised by the student regarding his / her ongoing course or education with the institute. I has to be related to the services to be provided by the institute, assistance required to facilitate education & studies, violation of any service condition by the institute or it’s employee and does not include any issue or matter raised not in connection to the studies or course.
- Service : Means an obligation of the institute ( as defined in B-2 above) towards it’s student/s , to offer assistance / facilities / resources , as per the terms of enrolment letter , to enable the student to complete his course / certification program & includes :
- a. Services like enrollment letters, fees receipts, Identity Card etc.
- b. Issue of course curriculum details, course &/ or reading material.
- c. Learning thru course material, video lectures.
- d. Conduct assessment & evaluation process.
- e. Declaration of results & issue of mark sheet & certificate.
- f. Assistance in attestation process as per the Standard Operating Process for Attestation.
- g. Guidance thru appropriate authorities of the institute to enable student to complete various process related to his education course.
- Process Executive Machineries: means machineries & authorities & committees as prescribed in this policy to resolve issues / grievances/ queries? Complaints. This machineries jurisdiction will remain as per the process explained there in.
- Classification of Grievance s: means the classification explained based on the nature & gravity of the Grievance of the student and the same will be addressed as per the classification and escalation matrix explained in this process.
C) Objectives of This Policy
This policy aims at serving following objectives
- To resolve issues, queries & grievances of students, without compromising of ethics, discipline & program quality & value.
- To correct & improve the current processes & service delivery systems based on the analysis of grievances – queries & feedback of the students.
- To upgrade service delivery to enhance CSATI- Customer Satisfaction Index.
- To invite feedback of students to make systems & processes more value added to offer our students better value for their money.
D) Classification OF Grievances
Level - I
This category of Complaints-Queries- Grievances are Level- I issues which are basic issues of Process Compiance & Service Deliveries . This needs to be addressed in 24 working hours - 3 working days
Level - II
This category of Complaints-Queries- Grievances are Level- II issues which are hogh impact issues and may lead to major students dissatisfaction. Needs to be resolved in 40 working hours - 5 working days
Level - III
This category of Complaints-Queries- Grievances are Level- III issues which are of very serious nature and may lead to improvement of process or change of process pwner or need approval of CEO for solution . This needs to be addressed in 72 working hours i.e. 9 working days
- The classification of grievances will be followed by all for redressal
- The student may also register his grievance / query / complaint , online on portal , using his official ID & password.
- Any grievance not resolved with in time frame moves to the next level.
- The grievance has to be addressed to Customer Relations Cell , on mail and the student should ensure following basic information in that communication :
- a. His or her enrolment number.
- b. The specific details of grievance.
- c. The expected results or the impact of the grievance , if possible but not mandatory.
E) Process Executive - Compliance Mechanism
The process is divided into 5 parts:
- Receipt & Acknowledgement
- Segregation & Classification.
- Assigning responsibility to solve
- First Response to student with time frame.
- Analysis of Grievance- Query- View.
- Data collection to find the impact of issue raised.
- Submission of data- analysis to committee.
- Final approval on actions & complaince by PO
- Evaluate the grievance-query-view.
- Submit his first hand view on it to review committee.
- Solve & submit actions taken to review committee.
- Investigation of Grievance.
- Find cause s,consequence & impact.
- Categorise grievance based on its gravity.
- Recommend final course of action for long term solution of the grievance
Closure & Approval
- Collection of all data from I to 4 parts.
- Final check on actions taken by PO.
- Study recommendation of Audit Team.
- Approve Final Course of Action.
- Ask CSR to share with tudents bthe solution & get his feedback.
F) Escalation Matrix
IIMT believes in Flat Effective Non Bureaucratic Structure to deliver prompt solutions to it’s customers, hence has created a very flat 3 layered matrix.
|Level - I||Level - II||Level - III|
|Comprise of Members||
AGM- Sales & Marketing
Global Business Head
Solution of Level- I Issues
Classification of Issues
Recommendations for process improvements
Escalated Level- I issues
Analysis of Grievance to determine gravity & impact
Level- II & Level- II issues monitoring & solution
All issues escalated.
Study recommendations for process improvement
Disciplinary actions for noncompliance & frequent failure of any layer to solve
Appointment of members of Committees under this policy
24 working hours
3 working days
16 working hour for Level- I issues escalated
32 working hours for Level- II & Level III issues.
24 working hours for escalated issues
32 working hours to appoint members & process changes
G) Level Wise Classification OF Grievances
Level - I
- Issues related to enrolment form, fee receipt, enrolment letter, I D card , Bools issues.
- Login ID & Password, change in names , address, contact details
Level - II
- Issues related to lectures , quality of books, wrong commitment by IIMT Team
- Level I ssues escalated
- Examination , Results
Level - III
- All level I & II issues escalated
- Mal practices by IIMT Team
- Misbehaviour by Team or Faculty
H) General Conditions & Guidelines
- The policy becomes applicable only after the student complies with the norms & policy guidelines for the education course or certification program , the student has taken up – including enrolment process, documentation , timely payment of fees , following examination schedule & process etc.
- Any information declared by or shared by the student has to be in order, complete & true failing which no grievance will be entertained by the institute.
- This policy does not take care of Refund Claim. This is aimed only at resolving Grievance of students.
- Neither the student nor the institute take a short cut of any provision of this policy. All levels, stages and matrix as explained in this process has to be followed.
- During the process , both the service provider and the student must maintain discipline & must not resort to misbehavior or indiscipline . In case of extreme case of misbehavior or indiscipline, the institute can take disciplinary actions which may lead to :
- (a) Extension of the semester or term.
- (b) Disqualification for examination for that semester .
- (c) Dismissal of student from the role of the institute.
- The student’s grievance will be entertained only if the grievance is with in the purview of assured services during enrolment process .
- No other court except, India, the Courts in Ahmedabad will have it’s jurisdiction for any dispute related to this policy.
- In case of any ambiguity, the decision & interpretation of The Founding Director of this institute will be considered final & binding to all parties.
How to Apply
- Step - 1: Check all the information of the course, and if you are satisfied, click on Login to enrol button to access approx 43 minutes lectures.
- Step - 2: You can log in with your Gmail/Facebook ID (if you don't have any one of them, you can still register with a new ID. However, you will have to validate your email ID from the activation link received in your inbox, after the registration, to access the course)
- Step - 3: Go to My Course button to access your course material and follow the guidelines
- Step - 4: Start accessing your online lectures and reading material
- Step - 5: After completing all the lectures, click on the Get my certificate button
- Step - 6: Reply a few simple questions shown on the screen
- Step - 7: Get your certificate of participation and get ready to practice Shavasana daily.
- Step - 8: You can practice Shavasana regularly by clicking the relevant links. The links of the Quick Shavasana and the full courses are kept available for free.