Policy for Equality and Diversity - Equal Rights, Opportunities and Benefits
Policy for Equality and Diversity- Equal Rights, Opportunities and Benefits
Chairman IIMT Studies Ltd. UK
Company Number: 11649333
Registered Office Address: Havelock Hub 14 Havelock Place Harrow London HA1 1LJ
Table of Contents
- A. Policy Code
- B. Policy Statement
- C. Objectives of Policy
- D. Definitions
- E. Scope of Policy
- F. Policy Framework
- i. Criteria of Special Consideration
- ii. Authority to make appropriate decisions under the policy
- iii. Approving Authorities
- iv. Process of Approval and grating special considerations
- v. Process of withdrawal of special consideration/adjustments
- vi. Documentation and records
- vii. Investigation and actions
A. Policy Code
B. Policy Statement
As an Awarding Body, we are committed to enabling growth through education, without no discrimination. IIMT Studies Ltd UK believes that everyone has equal rights to educate, enhance skills and competence and upgrade knowledge; hence IIMTS follow the Law of Equality in true words and spirit. IIMTS will continue to endeavour it’s ensured, as far as possible, in every policy, it will have provisions for Equal Opportunities and Rights so that everyone gets benefits with no differentiation or distinction based on any factor except special categories of students, professionals or business associates having any limitation which hinders their scope and potential to progress and prosper.
We assure IIMT Studies approved centres have their own Equality and Diversity Policy established and complying the equality and diversity clauses in running the smooth business, positive learning environment and providing equal opportunities meeting our qualification criteria.
IIMT Studies complies with the Equality Act 2010 and its integrated legislations and regulatory requirements on diversity and inclusion. This policy describes our established expertise to support the stakeholders in delivering the qualification criteria.
C. Objectives of Policy
- To ensure every individual professional or business associate or learner gets the equal opportunity and right to learn and earn.
- To make appropriate provision in all possible policies to ensure that there is no discrimination based ion caste, creed, religion, physical or mental disability or the nationality of the learner, businessman or professional.
- To provide special benefits or facilities to facilitate learning or employment or business for the special categories of learner or professional as mentioned in C-2 above and also for those who lack required resources or facilities or face locational or logistic issues limiting his or her scope of learning or employment or doing business.
- To ensure that in case of any adverse circumstance which is beyond the control of the professional, learner or business associate, IIMTS offers special consideration so that they continue uninterrupted learning/employment or their business, even during these adverse situations
- There are specific provisions and guidelines in all possible policies for accountability and documentation of such special categories of learners and professionals and special arrangements and benefits offered to them.
Most of the definitions for this policy will be in line with or in accordance with the Appropriate Adjustment or Consideration policy and in case of any ambiguity the term defined in or interpretation according to the Appropriate Adjustment and Consideration will be treated as final and binding.
- Equality:The term denotes treating everyone at par in terms of offering facilities, benefits and opportunities to learn and earn, for this policy. The term also means to ensure to bring normal and general categories of professionals, learners and business associates at par in terms of their ability and capacity through some special arrangements – considerations and support, depending on the situation and requirement of this special category or circumstances.
Equality is to ensure an individual or a group of people with an equal and fair treatment concerning the fairness in the supply of services, available opportunities as a part of the business function, including areas of gender, disability, sexual orientation, race, regional or belief and age.
- Adverse or challenging situation:A situation or condition which creates a limitation to learn or work as professional or do business and is beyond the control of and beyond repair by the learner or professional or business associate causing a disadvantage or obstacle to achieve his end objective to learn or upgrade competence – skills and knowledge or earn his livelihood through employment or business activities.
- Diversity: Diversity describes the range of visible and non-visible differences that exist between people. Managing diversity harnesses these differences to create a productive environment in which everybody feels valued, where talents are fully utilised and in which organisational goals are met.
(Kandola and Fullerton 1998)
E. Scope of Policy
This policy will be applicable to :
- a. All students and professionals who desire to upgrade their skills, competencies, knowledge and or educational qualifications for their progression.
- b. All professionals who otherwise have desired minimum qualifications, experience and expertise for the particular job but have some limitations
- c. All the business associates who are competent, meets with other criteria and fulfil all the conditions for the business but face some limitation due to unforeseen circumstances or circumstances beyond control
E. Policy Framework
This policy will have the following major compliance segments:
- Criteria for special consideration and reasonable adjustment.
- Authorities to take appropriate decisions under the policy.
- Process of approval and granting concession or special consideration and reasonable adjustment.
- Process of withdrawal of special considerations/adjustments.
- Documentation and records.
- Investigation and actions.
1. Criteria for Special Consideration:
This policy of Equality aims at offering equal opportunities to learn, upgrade skills and competencies, career progression and to do business activities and while doing so ensure fair opportunity and facilities and appropriate considerations to those who face some concerns and obstacles limiting their scope and opportunities. For this, IIMTS has the following major criteria for special considerations under this policy :
- i. Lack of financial resources for the learner, due to which the learner is not able to pursue his studies or learning.
- ii. Physical or mental impairments – for the learner or for a business associate. However, for professional for employment, only physical impairment and mot mental impairment will be considered.
- iii. Any natural calamity which restricts resources for learning / doing business or employment opportunities.
- iv. Any locational issues like remoteness or underdeveloped location or poor infrastructural issues creating an obstacle.
- v. Non-availability of other resources like logistics, internet connectivity etc.
- vi. Temporary health issues or permanent disability which impair the ability of a professional or student to learn or work for a short temporary period. OR Temporary health issues or permanent disability which restrict the ability of professional or business associate or learner for a longer period of time.
2. Authorities to take appropriate decisions under the policy in the case of the adverse and challenging situation:- Under this policy, there are two types of authorities
(1) Recommending Authorities
(2) Approving Authorities.
(1) Recommending Authorities: Following are the authorities on behalf of Awarding Body to identify and recommend for special considerations and ensure Equality of opportunities :
- i. Executive/Manager – Operations – for learner and facilities or considerations to facilitate learning and studies. Also for professional who seek employment but needs some special considerations though otherwise meets with all parameters for employment for that position as per the Position Description for that particular position.
- ii. Executive/Asst Manager/ Manager- CSR: for learner and facilities or considerations to facilitate learning and studies.
- iii. Executive/Manager Human Resources: for professional who seek employment but needs some special considerations though otherwise meets with all parameters for employment for that position as per the Position Description for that particular position.
- iv. Executive Accounts / Executive Administration: For recommending a vendor for specific considerations as rest of the parameters is complied with by the vendor; however, some challenging situations is not permitting the vendor to do business.
- v. Manager/Executive- Sales: for learner and facilities or considerations to facilitate learning and studies.
- vi. Qualification Department/ Internal/External Examiner: Qualification Development, Delivery and Award.
- Governing Council Authorised to review and evaluate recommendations by concerned recommending authorities related to learner’s interest and related to professional for employment (but not related to vendor and business associate)and take an appropriate decision either to approve the recommendations or reject the proposal.
- ii. Directors: Authorised to review and evaluate recommendations by concerned recommending authorities employment (but not related to vendor and business associate)and take an appropriate decision either to approve the recommendations or reject the proposal.
- iii. Chairman: Authorised to review and evaluate recommendations by concerned recommending authorities for all kinds of special considerations, and take an appropriate decision either to approve the recommendations or reject the proposal.
3. Process of approval and granting special considerations:
Every recommendation made under this policy will undergo the following process steps :
- i. Preparing proposal with the following details :
- a. Details of the proposed beneficiary.
- b. Nature of concern/limitation/constraint faced by the proposed beneficiary.
- c. The details of the proposed reasonable consideration recommended.
- d. Justification for recommendations.
- e. Duration or time frame for which the special consideration is recommended.
- f. Financial or productivity or any other impact on IIMTS if the recommendations made have been approved.
- ii. The approving authority may evaluate the recommendations made, validate the information and data and also ask for more details if required in support of the proposal.
- iii. The members of the governing body or of approving authority will express the final decision in writing below the proposal and send the same to the Chairman for the final signature.
4. Process of withdrawal of special considerations/ adjustments :
The special considerations may be withdrawn in the following three situations :
- i. The prescribed time frame for the consideration has been over or expired.
- ii. The situation or the condition has changed and improved before the prescribed time frame, and the beneficiary does not need the special consideration offered to him or her.
- iii. The ground on which or the reasons for which the special consideration was offered or the appropriate arrangements were made, were subsequently found fake and fraud.
Documentation and records :
(A)The recommending authorities which are as follows are supposed to maintain all records and documents under this policy, complying with Data protection policy:
- i. Manager – Operations – for learner and facilities or considerations to facilitate learning and studies. Also for professional who seek employment subject to other applicable conditions.
- ii. Asset Manager/ Manager- CSR: for learner and facilities or considerations to facilitate learning and studies.
- iii. Executive Human Resources: for professional who seek employment but needs some special considerations, subject to other applicable conditions.
- iv. Executive Accounts / Executive Administration: For recommending a vendor for specific considerations, subject to other applicable conditions.
- v. Manager- Sales: for learner and facilities or considerations to facilitate learning and studies
(B) The documents to be maintained are as follows :
- i. The application of the proposed beneficiary, along with supporting documents.
- ii. The validation data and/or verification data by recommending authorities.
- iii. The formal recommendations made to approving authority and the decision in writing of the approving authority.
- iv. Document of Withdrawal of facilities or benefit or consideration.
- v. Investigation in case of the instance of fake application or data or fraud.
6. Investigation and actions :
Investigations and actions under this policy will continue in accordance with the policy of Investigation and Actions of IIMT Studies.