Draft Policy for Learning Programmes
A. Learning Process Guidelines for ODBL Academic Courses
IIMT offers following level based and credit points based (EduQual accredited Levels and Credit Points) Academic Programmes to the professionals meeting with course eligibility guide lines:
|1. Pre Graduate Programmes||: Total Qualification Time||: 2400hrs|
|2. Professional Graduate Prorammes||: Total Qualification Time||: 3600hrs|
|3. Advanced Graduate Programmes||: Total Qualification Time||: 1600hrs|
Health and Safety programmes have different credit points
The above programmes will have following Learning Requirements to attain the certificates:
|1. Pre Graduate Programmes||: Total Semesters - 06||: Total Learning Hours - 2400|
|2. Professional Graduate Programmes||: Total Semesters - 08||: Total Learning Hours - 3600|
|3. Advanced Graduate Programmes||: Total Semesters - 04||: Total Learning Hours - 1600|
B. The Policy for Learner
- The learner will have two options based on the prior qualification and prior working experience/prior learning (subject to policy compliance of RPL) to complete all compliance and requirements for the above certification programmes :
a. Regular Learning Programme
b. Accelerated Learning Programme for working professionals
- There will be two sets of norms for both the above options :
a. Common Minimum Norms for both the options.
b. Special Norms for each option.
The policy can also be read with Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL).
C. The Common Minimum Norms for both the options :
- Number of semesters, total learning points & total learning hours will remain same in both options.
- The course curriculum and the syllabus will remain same in both the options.
- The number of learning hours- both Total Learning Hours (TLH) and Guided Learning Hours (GLH) remail same for both the options.
- The other course requirements like On-the-job Project based Learning (OJPL), Busines Case Study Analysis (BCSA) remain common in both the options.
- The process of enrollment, eligibility criteria, examination methods and types, assessment & evaluation process remain same in both the options.
- Attendance in live lectures or recorded lectures is must for both the options.
D. The Special Norms for both the options :
The Regular Learning Option:
The learner will be required to meet with following compliance of norms:
The Total Qualification Time for this option will be as follows :
1. Pre Graduate Programmes : Total Qualification Time - 2400 2. Professional Graduate Programmes : Total Qualification Time - 3600 3. Advanced Graduate Programmes : Total Qualification Time - 1600
Please refer the prescribed information of each course on website for specific Course TQT.
- The learner will be required to complete all the compliance of Learning Delivery in the above stipulated time based on the course the learner is undergoing.
- The examination and assessment will be component wise however each component will be of minimum 06 months duration. The learner will be expected to complete Learning requirement for a particular component during this period of six months for that semester.
The Accelerated Learning Option:
|Sr. No.||Title of The Course||EduQual Level||Prescribed Duration||Total Qualification Time|
|1||Pre Graduate Programme||III||20 months||2400 hours|
|2||Professional Graduate Programme||VI||24 months||3600 hours|
|3||Advanced Graduate Programme||VII||14 months||1600 hours|
- The learner must meet with the requirements of RPL policy in order to comply the requirement of Accelerated Learning option.
- The learner will be required to complete all learning requirement in the above stipulated time.
- The duration of each component will be of 3 months and the learner can check his eligibility for examination from the pre-defined examination schedule in compliance with Learning Attainment of the learner for each semester – The predefined scheduled months for examination for all courses and progarmmes are March, June, September and December of every year.
- The learner under this option, will lose his eligibility for examination if he / she does not comply with the minimum learning requirement.
- The learner under this option if does not comply with the minimum learning requirement, the learner will not become eligible for the examination for that semester.